Saturday, July 15, 2006

I write and tell no one.

I write and tell no one. I would like to think I missed my calling, to think I should have been a writer. Lately I have actually tried, received my first rejection notices, it's strangely exciting. I will continue, drive on troop.

Recognition would be nice, not likely. My stories are good, I enjoy them. The process is fun, I like how it feels. Every day is a good day these days. No blood no bones, drive on. The kids are artistic and creative, they get it from my wife. Years ago I sold my Harley to buy her an engagement ring. It was a shovel, I like iron blocks. She sold the ring to pay some bills, we don't wear rings now, don't need them.

I consider success, when I know no one is looking. Take the money out of the equation, I am enormously successful. These days I punch a time card, before I carried guns. I like the time card better. The army was okay, wish I didn't have all this ink on my arms. Hey Tommy, do you remember Wolfman? We had to buy him some beer and he stayed open late for us new soldiers, first ink. I left the army Tommy, joined the cops. You stayed, you're not here anymore.

Disability pension, not enough to live on. Being a cop is a dangerous job, mine was just a stupid accident. I am glad to be able to work, back with the blue collar guys. I never really liked being a cop, the work was okay, sometimes you get to help out. It's some of the other cops I didn't really like. Talk about insecure, you think writers and actors and artists are insecure? You have no idea. Guess everyone needs to feel loved.

2 Comments:

Blogger --V said...

Just stumbled across this blog today, found it in a friend's blogroll. I will be back to read more, definitely.

After reading your first blog entry, all I have to say is there is no need to say you "should have been a writer." You are one.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

Thank you very much V. Your welcome comment means a lot to me.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home