Sunday, July 16, 2006

just can't shut up.

I just can't shut up, this blog thing. I've said more here in the last two days then the last twenty years. I'm going to have a cigarette, evil bad sick and wrong. Nicotine rocks.

I know what you're thinking, don't really care. Don't smoke in the house, try not to offend anyone when I light up. This once was America, doesn't seem that way these days. It's another issue that sounds great when someone is trying to get elected, distracts from all the stuff they are really getting away with. Can't even smoke in a bar in some places, that's just stupid.

No increase in the federal minimum wage, eight grand pay raise for the people who "represent" us. I guess those guys are worth more than the rest of us, they're better. People wonder why nobody votes anymore. Why should we? I still do, I know it doesn't matter, won't change a thing but I still do. Someday it will all crash down around us, we'll have to pull our heads out of our collective asses and get to work. Screaming and yelling at each other won't accomplish anything, hard work and shared sense of purpose, that's what will pull us through.

Some of the smartest people I know never went to college, but they can work. We The People know how to balance our checkbook, live within our means. We The People are all we have, can't rely on government, it's not our government anyway. I bet there are hundreds, thousands of small town mayors and produce managers, plumbers and teachers who could do a better job then the corporate representatives who run things now. I do not count myself amongst the capable, but I know my wife could do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home