Saturday, August 23, 2008

Do Overs.

I would take that back if I could. That last post, I would take it back. I was feeling sorry for myself and it shows. I won't be riding off any bridges. I wouldn't do that to my girls.

She had chemo again yesterday. The last of this type of chemo. In three weeks she goes in for an Electrocardiogram. Not sure I spelled that right. A week after that she goes back to begin the next round of chemo. It will be a different type of chemo. She will have four chemo sessions, one every three weeks just like this last time.

Monday she has to report for an injection. Friday she has to report for weekly lab work. It's not like she ever gets a break from all this stuff.

I love her more than ever. I respect her strength and drive. She doesn't think she's strong. She is very strong.

John Edwards is an asshole. I'm not judging the guy. I'm just saying how it is.

2 Comments:

Blogger whatnext said...

i think you're in a position to know EXACTLY how big an asshole John Edwards is.

you're entitled to think about driving off a bridge if you're left alone. the trick is not to do it. the girls would be twice destroyed, and it didn't take you long to realize that.

i hope your wife isn't getting sick from the chemo. i hope that somehow she's able to have some sort of happiness in her life every day. she deserves it.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

That is the trick. Not to do it. And it took me about five minutes to realize how hard that would hit my girls. No matter how old they may be. Sometimes you have to hear yourself say it, or read yourself write it, to fully understand how stupid........it........is.

Yeah, Edwards. What a prick. Like I said, I'm not judging, and like Greg Allman said, "I'm No Angel" but that is just way too wrong for my liking.

She is getting sick from the chemo. She has not vomited yet but she's sick. It's hard to describe. It's hard for her to describe. It just knocks her down. She does have a few good moments each day. She cooks and bakes whenever she can because she loves to cook and bake.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home