Thursday, August 07, 2008

220/99

If you drive north on Route 220/I99 from Bedford Pennsylvania towards Altoona, you will find yourself on a long downhill stretch around the Inman exit. If you look out your driver side, look out and off to the left you will see a picture as pretty as any painting.

The valley rolls north and south. The hills off to the west. It's something you just have to see. I don't know why that one particular spot seems to have captured me so. I drive through there pulling my fifty-three at least twice a month.

This guy I know at one of the big stores I deliver to in Pittsburgh, his son just enlisted. This guy I know is pretty shaken up about it and I don't blame him. It's times like these, I'm glad I have daughters who show no interest in enlisting.

This guy I know, his kid is going Airborne.

1 Comments:

Blogger whatnext said...

yep. that is AMAZING right there. i used to drive that stretch of 99 sometime when I was going leaving Penn State. Dunno if you remember, but I wrote a little blurb on my blog a few years ago about how beautiful it was driving by Altoona, of all places....

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home