Friday, July 21, 2006

The Dock

Been a few days since I've blogged, been real busy at work, much overtime. Last night the foreman and the dock supervisor became involved in a heated verbal dispute. Me and another guy figured it was going to get physical, it was. The other guy got between them and blocked the foreman's arm before it became a punch, that was close. They worked it out I guess, nobody got hurt.

This other guy at work has a 1934 Harley Davidson, all original. It's not his yet, belongs to his father. The original owner was his great-grandfather, it will be his one day. He had to promise never to sell it. He said I could come over and look at it sometime, it's in his grandfather's truck shop. Very cool indeed. When I was a kid my cousin worked at a boat yard, they had an old knucklehead. Suicide clutch and hand shifter, you could change the gears out manually for low or high range. My cousin let me ride it, I was maybe fourteen. That was cool.

I feel real bad for all those people caught up in the fighting in Lebanon, sure hope that ends soon.

Hey Tommy, remember when you told the Drill Sergeant that you didn't think basic training was hard enough? I remember, he grabbed your nuts and said you had big balls. You said yes, you did. I didn't know a human being could do so many pushups.

C-130 rolling down the strip.......Airborne daddy gonna take a little trip........Mission undetermined destination unknown........We don't care if we never get home, singing low right left, whole lotta left foot, we love to double time........Cause we do it all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home