Sunday, September 24, 2006

Delete.

Previous post, Willie Nelson. It's political and I don't want this to become a political blog. I'm going to delete it. I'm still a fan, have been since I was seventeen and I first heard "Blue Eyes Cryin' In The Rain" and the rest of "The Red Headed Stranger" stuff. I love the way he does "Angel Flyin' To Close To The Ground". Willie opened my eyes to country music. Real country, not the pop- top forty crap. Yeah, I hope he's okay, hope he don't end up doing time. That would be a damn shame. I have to delete the post because I'm getting stuck there, if that makes any sense. This blog helps me loosen up, like stretching before a run. This blog helps me write my other stuff, the stuff I would like to see published some day. If I get stuck on politics, or as Tommy used to say, "stuck on stupid", then I'll just be stuck, period.

Politics is like poison, or cancer, or Weapons of Mass Destruction. It's not like it was, it's no longer about citizens who feel compelled to serve. Politics is big business, you can get a degree in it. It's all about money, got nothing to do with "us" anymore. Maybe I'll leave the Willie post up for a little while, but then it's got to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home