Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Always.

Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Dallas After Midnight" listening to it as I write this. Monday when my daughter was taking me to work we found a newborn kitten in the alley behind our house. It was about four inches long, still had some cord on it's belly. First glance, I thought it was a hamster. I picked it up while my daughter ran to get a towel to wrap it in. Handed the little critter off to my wife and younger daughter, I had to get to work.

Two hours and a bunch of phone calls later, my wife found an animal rescuer who met her and took the kitten. Humane Society wouldn't take the kitten, makes sense. They are the Humane Society, why would they want an abondened baby kitten. They wanted us to keep the kitten, we can't, we have birds. The parrot is looking at me right now. All's well that ends well, kitten is safe.

Got a good idea for another book, it's been forming for awhile, just came together the other day. Been writing the opening in my head, getting ready to lay it down for real. At least I think it's a good idea, best one I've had in a couple years. Time will tell I suppose.

This young guy at work, he let me borrow his SpongeBob music CD, burned a copy for my daughter. It's funny that this twenty something year old has a SpongeBob CD. He's a good kid, recently broke up with his girlfriend, they were supposed to get married. He's been going out to the bars a lot lately, we tried to tell him, not a good idea. He's starting to listen up, doesn't want to get in trouble. If he loses his license he could lose his job, not to mention the fact that he might hurt or kill somebody if he drives. He always walks or has a designated driver, but when your drinking like that, good judgement ain't always available. Glad he's settled down some. Moved in with his grandmother, she'll square him away.

Hey Tommy, guess we can relate. When you're that young you got no way to know how to deal with that. Broken hearts and all, part of growing up I guess. Catch you later bro, gotta go to work.

2 Comments:

Blogger MMM said...

SpongeBob seems like a good absorbent friend when you need a shoulder to cry on after a break-up, no?

10:50 AM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

Yes, and Patrick can cheer you up.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home