Monday, August 25, 2008

Coffee.

I was thinking about something. I try to avoid thinking when I can. It usually turns out not so good. When I think that is.

I'm working second shift this week. Four to midnight. It started yesterday at 0500. I'm covering for a guy on vacation. He works Sunday through Thursday. Starts at 0500 on Sunday then 4 to 12 the rest of the week. Right now I'm going to go outside and have coffee and a cigarette.

I had two cigarettes. It was a big cup of coffee.

This is not a political blog. I'm really bothered by the Olympics in China. I'm glad it's over. When I was eighteen President Carter declared that boycott of the Olympics in Moscow because the Soviets invaded Afghanistan. I thought that was a good idea. I don't understand why we now have to support China while they continue to abuse their own people, pollute the planet, poison our dogs and children with their tainted products, and take all of our jobs away from us. It just bothers me. I think it has more to do with money than anything else. I'm brilliant. I figured that all on my own. American business puts greed before what's right for this country.

A few months back Senator Obama said he would send troops into Pakistan to get Bin Laden if he knew for a fact that he was there. He was criticized for saying that. I want to know why. Why shouldn't we do what we have to do? Why do we worry so very much about annoying Pakistan? What do we care what Pakistan thinks? If Pakistan won't do the right thing then we need to do it for ourselves.

I am so sure that our country has within the ranks of our military more than a few really tough people who could get that job done.

I've been thinking about Senator McCain. He's a guy I've always respected. I don't respect him as much these days. I don't mean to sound disrespectful. I still respect his service to this country. I still think he's a good guy on so many levels. I don't know him personally, I'm talking about publicly. You know what I mean. I will say this. I would not want to tangle with John McCain, like in a bar fight or something. I don't care if he's seventy-two. I think he's probably a very tough man. I also think that if he does not win the election he will stand up and support the President. I don't think he will be petty and selfish about it. I don't think he'll act like the Clintons have acted towards Obama.

I think that it's time to take it away from the whole sixties generation. I'm tired of all of it. I also think that if Senator Obama wins it will really annoy the crap out of so many people. I really like that idea. I should say that I also really like the thought of Obama losing, and how that would annoy the crap out of so many other people. Blogger spell check keeps telling me that I'm spelling Obama wrong. His name keeps coming up in bright yellow highlights. I think that's a sign.

So I've been thinking. I've made up my mind and I'm going to vote for Senator Obama for President..........Wow. Better alert the press. Some idiot with a blog just endorsed Senator Obama for President.......See what I mean about thinking?

Hey Tommy. I know, it's stupid. But I didn't say cancer or chemo even one time.........
Damn!

Yeah. It's time for more coffee.

2 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

The first paragraph after your coffee break is written so perfectly. I couldn't have said any of it better myself. I hate how the Chinese do things. It seems like they'll cut corners adn cheat wherever they can to be top dog. I can't help thinking they're enjoying thousands of belly laughs at the USA with every dollar they rake in.

And we did it to ourselves the moment greed outran national pride.

Whenever I can, I do not buy made-in-China crap. Whenever it is economically possible, I search the internet to find things made here at home.

And, if you don't mind, I'd like to link to this post on my blog this morning.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

Hey JM. I don't mind at all. honored in fact. Thanks for the visit. And I agree. We are all collectively responsible.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home