Friday, October 03, 2008

Overtime.

Twenty-four hours overtime the last couple of weeks. Ran as far east as Gettysburg to pick up produce. Ran as far north as Fillmore New York on the I.G.A. run. Keep in mind, we run local. We had a couple guys off on vacation. I don't mind picking up the slack.

I got paid today. All that overtime, like five-hundred bucks worth of overtime in addition to my straight forty hours. They took almost four-hundred out in taxes.

My wife started the "new" type of chemo last Friday. She reacts to it differently than the "old" chemo. This chemo drips into her port slowly. The "old" type was injected. Her time in the chemo room at the hospital is longer now. She was pretty sick last weekend. She's feeling better now. She only has three more chemo treatments left. The next one is on Halloween. She's bummed about that.

So this past Thursday I had the overnight Pittsburgh run. Fox Chapel and two stops in Verona. One more stop up on route 85 on the way back. I left at midnight, Wednesday night for Thursday morning. On the way down 28 all I wanted to hear was some good driving music. The Silver Bullet comes over the radio with "The Fire Down Below". I cranked that up, took a big pull from my large stainless steel coffee cup and fired up a cigarette. 475 Cat horses sitting out in front of me. Fifty-three feet of Reefer following along behind. Bob Segar blasting out of the speakers and no traffic in sight. Now we're truck driving. Now we can just think about driving. No cancer. No politics. No bullshit. Good tunes all the way to Pittsburgh. Yeah.

Hey Tommy. I got some very nice comments about all that political stuff. I just can't put them up here because I don't want to do that anymore. You know how I get. I get all fired up about something that has nothin' to do with what I'm all fired up about. That's why I have to leave this stuff alone. I'm votin' Tommy. I am votin'. I just ain't discussing it with anybody anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home