Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Such Things.

My wife called me from work last night, I got home from the dock about 12:40AM to find a note. Note directed me to the fridge, baked mac and cheese, ham and rice and cucumber salad. I ate good while I watched The Daily Show after a shower. She went in at 10:00PM, worked 'til 6:00 this morning. She's sleeping now. Our older daughter woke me up at 0930, she needed a ride down to the bridge. She's working on an art project there, the art club from her school is painting murals. Normally she just takes the Jeep, she's always back before I go to work at the dock at 4:00. I need the Jeep today however, got to get gas for the mower, run a couple other errands.

So I'm sitting in the kitchen just now, looking at some of our younger ones art work taped up by the calendar. She's been doing pastels lately, she's got a real artistic side to her, just like her mom and big sister. She made cookies yesterday with her mom, took a bunch to work with me last night. Cookies were good, didn't last long, guys all send their thanks to our little girl for the treat.

So Sinatra comes on the radio while I'm driving my daughter to the bridge this morning. A song about "such things". I'm not sure what the name of the song is, maybe that is the name of the song. His voice was so pure and perfect, like Patsy Cline and maybe a few others, just takes you somewhere nice.

So I'm thinking about my last two posts, both about nasty subjects. I'm looking at our daughters' art work, I'm thinking about my wonderful wife. Thinking about how cool my life is, how lucky I am to have this family. I don't want to think about monsters or guns anymore. I don't want to think about Lebanon or Iran, Iraq or Afghanistan. I don't want to think about global warming or the price of gas, I'm tired of worrying about such things. I want to think about my girls and my dogs. I want to think about our two silly birds and Sinatra. Mac and cheese, cucumber salad and hot sauce. I want to think about all that is right with this world. I'm not gonna watch the news for awhile, news sucks, it will kill you faster than those cigarettes I smoke. Surgeon General should look into that, put a warning on that stupid scroll thing that screams by at the bottom of the screen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Surgeon General should look into that, put a warning on that stupid scroll thing that screams by at the bottom of the screen."

Too true. Your blog is as always an interesting read. Have a nice day :)

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home