Sunday, August 13, 2006

Thursday thru Sunday

Thursday night didn't go as planned. She was exhausted from work, didn't get up in time to come down the dock and have lunch with me. My daughter showed up with Subway, always happy to see my baby girl.

Friday was Friday, the guys grilled dogs and we stuffed our faces at lunchtime. Come nine o'clock, time to go back to work and nobody could move. We got the job done, even finished up a little early. One of the young guys had one of those pocket rocket 50CC mini-bikes in the back of his truck. They were taking turns riding it around, pretty funny when this big guy got on it. He goes about two-fifty, over six foot tall. Couldn't even see the little bike underneath him, back tire was almost flat, motor lugging from the load. Somebody took some pictures with a phone, he's gonna figure out how to e-mail it to me. Friggin' hilarious.

Saturday, took my younger daughter to a fair. Watched the ATV races, went on a bunch of rides. Ate more than we should have, stayed longer than planned, had a great time. Got home and the older one was on her way out the door, off to the boyfriends and dinner with his family. Woke my wife at eight, she had to be in at ten and work 'til six this morning. She was sad, feels like she's missing out on a lot. She works hard, we all love her. Older daughter took her younger sister out for lunch today, sweet kids they are. They just got back, outside soaking up some sun and listening to the radio.

Last night I was checking out some other blogs on this blogger.com, found a good one. It's called Negative Space, it's funny. I sent the blogger an e-mail, said it was funny, said I enjoyed it. Never reached out to a fellow blogger before, not really my style. Anyway, if anybody reads this, I suggest you check it out. Negative Space, on this blogger.com.

Hey Tommy, you'd get a kick out of that blog. It's Boston, I know you liked Boston. No, not the band, the town. Boston is a good band, it's also a cool town. Remember you told me about the bar they used for that TV show "Cheers"? You told me the name of it, can't remember what it was. Said we were going there sometime, never did. Never went to the Indy 500 either. I wonder what ever happened to that girl, the one in Boston, the girl who made you crazy about Boston. I wonder if she knows what happened to you?

1 Comments:

Blogger MMM said...

Wow...Thanks for visiting my blog and telling the world about it.
;-) I like what you have here. I've added a link to your blog from mine.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home