Friday, August 04, 2006

Cool, and not cool too.

Someone posted a comment, complimentary in nature. Very encouraging, very cool. Thank you.

Not much to say, tired and sore. Another long week at work, almost over. Saw some TV news, the army has increased it's age requirement for enlistment. Forty one years old, you can enlist at the age of forty one. Reduced the physical standard as well, if you're forty one you only have to do twenty nine pushups in two minutes. I forget what it was before, you had to be thirty five or younger. My last P.T. test I knocked out a hundred pushups, I was thirty, that was a long time ago. I think the army is getting desperate, people are just not enlisting, in droves.

I'm not knocking anybody who wants to serve their country, respect and admiration in fact. If anyone out there is thinking about signing up at forty one, please think again, probably not one of your better ideas.

Yeah Tommy, I know. I did think about it for a second, I'm forty four, don't even have to make a decision. Besides, I got my family now. It was a rush sometimes, we were a lot younger then. Remember that time when it all seemed slow motion? Even the sounds, the air, everything. Lived a lifetime in those minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home