Saturday, August 05, 2006

Everything.

Busting out of me, don't know what to write. Have to write something, stimulating is the word. This process.............. ouch.

Wife is working, kids are occupied. Older one is upstairs, she had a date tonight. Little one is in the living room watching insane Asian cartoons. Can't look at them for more than a minute, hurts my middle age brain. I like Sponge Bob, Patrick is my favorite, shows you where my head is at.

I write all the time, or when I have time. A bunch of Marble Composition books stuffed in a drawer. Lots of it is rambling garbage, sometimes a clear pattern emerges. I run with that when it happens. I have a completed manuscript, a novel. I stare at that word novel, it doesn't look right. Still trying to figure things out, on-line research. Have sent query letters and e-mails to various agency types. Rejection slips or no response at all. I need someone to offer an opinion, read my book and offer an opinion. Not just anyone, someone who knows, you know. Not one of these "pay me first" morons either. Even I'm smart enough to recognize that garbage. I despise those who profit from scams that target the hopes and dreams of others.

I read a book written by a literary agent. I had no idea how swamped with queries they can be. It must be difficult, an agent loves books, probably wants to read them all. Impossible task. It is a business, must be a real tough business. I have no experience, no degree, no reason why anyone would want to give me a shot. I have not paid my dues, as a writer anyway. Most of what I write about I know, can't be the only one. This blog is not my writing style, if I have a style. Maybe it is, I don't know. I do know that it's rewarding, writing is the reward in and of itself.

If I had to do it all over again.... knew then.... yeah. Probably not, everything happens for a reason. Hope I recognize the season when it comes, the season for my reason. Maybe it has, just to stubborn or stupid to know, you know? Maybe, just maybe, my reason is season. Seasoning that is. I love hot sauce mixed with mayo and ranch as a sandwich spread. Maybe my reason is to spread the season....(ing).

Let it be known throughout the land, across the web and beyond!.........This is getting really stupid. See what happens when I watch those insane Asian cartoons with my daughter?

1977; Saturday morning, parents out of state visiting relatives you don't really like anyway.
Beetus stops by for a wake and bake. Watch Bugs and Daffy, now those were cartoons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home