Monday, October 23, 2006

Yeah Bingo!

$460.00, that's right. Four hundred and sixty dollars. That's how much my wife won at bingo on Friday night. Got to the bank before noon on Saturday to deposit it. We caught up on some bills, wow, what a relief. She's going to go again next month, we don't expect that kind of return again, but wow. Yeah, that was cool.

So Saturday rolls around and finally it's not raining. My wife and our younger daughter and me, we take advantage of the opportunity to rake the leaves out onto the street. Good thing 'cause the leaf truck came by this morning. So I got the leaf blower going, it's a hand held job, two-cycle motor, works real well. My wife and daughter are raking. I asked my wife if she wanted to use the machine. Told her it's easy, like a big hair dryer. That got me a look, oops. My daughter gave it a try, it's kind of heavy for her. Our older girl, she's runnin' out the door to go have lunch with two of her friends from the school paper. These guys pull up in an older four door VW sedan, black in color, got the thump-thump stereo crankin'. I give them the look, you know the look. The look lets them know, she comes back on time and intact or else. It wasn't needed, the look I mean. Good kids these two boys are. The one gets out and lets her ride shotgun while he climbs in the back seat. You can tell, good kids. I gave them the look anyway, just in case. Neither of these two boys from the school paper is her boyfriend, but they all know each other, all the same circle of friends. Yeah......... "The Kids Are Alright"............

So my wife goes to the grocery store on Sunday morning. We had Pot Roast and potatos for Sunday dinner, got some left over, eatin' good at lunchtime on The Dock tonight. So at eleven AM on Sunday mornings we listen to the Polka Hour on the radio. My wife, she's Polish. Her grandparents are right off the Perogie Boat. So wer'e makin' breakfast, goofin' out, havin' a good time. The Parrot starts dancing, he's on his perch with us there in the kitchen and he starts dancing. Boppin' back and forth, bouncin' up and down, totally groovin' on the Polka Thing. I'm thinking hey, I thought he's people come from Guatemala. What a pisser, there we all are bouncin' up and down in the kitchen while the eggs are sizzlin', the dogs are barkin' and the Polka music is Polka-ing. We were all doin' The Parrot Polka. DZIEN DOBREY!.....I think that's how you spell it.

Hey Tommy, bro can you believe it?.......I know man, four hundred sixty bucks. That kicks ass. Couldn't come at a better time too.....Yeah, she had that lag in paychecks between jobs......Yeah man, I like bingo. Hey Tommy, I'll catch you later, gotta go to work......Yeah, I'll let you know if those guys came up with somethin'.......Yeah I been thinkin' about it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home