Sunday, November 05, 2006

0300: Operation Rolling Rock.

So she just left to run down to the corner market. It's open 24-7. She's makin' a cheese cake 'cause our older daughter is eighteen today, that's her favorite. She works third shift so this is the middle of the day for her. I just pre-heated the oven, got a frozen box of wings to throw in. Finishing up my second bottle of Rolling Rock, still don't know what the "33" stands for. It's sad that the Anheuser-Busch people recently bought the Rolling Rock brewery, just so they could shut it down and put hundreds of people out of work in Latrobe PA., assholes. Guess they don't make enough money sellin' Budweiser.

I have decided that I'm making too much out of this EKG thing. Did a little research, not an uncommon thing, a slightly irregular heartbeat. Hell, like I was sayin' before, my BP's 110/70. I way ten pounds more than I did when I left the army, I don't feel forty-four. I've got titanium rods, pins and screws in my spine. I've got a spinal cord stimulator unit implanted in my right cheek, yeah that cheek. That's all from when I almost died on the job back in '97, when I was a cop. They pumped twelve units of blood and plasma into me that time. I once wrapped a '73 Sportster around a Georgia pine tree on a red clay road goin' about seventy-five miles an hour.
I've jumped out of perfectly good aircraft. Been hit in the head with a bat, got scars that I don't even remember where they came from. Even with the broken back thing, I work on The Dock in a pretty physically demanding job. I am not about to let somethin' like an EKG get the best of me. I survived two Grateful Dead concerts................I will give up my skillet when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Yeah, so today my baby girl turns eighteen. She wants to be a doctor. She's a member of the National Honor Society, got 3.8 GPA all four years of high school. She's a senior this year. I've been her daddy since she was four. She's real pretty too, just like her mom and her baby sister.
She was at her boyfriend's house earlier. His dad came home from the hospital yesterday, Friday that is. He's doin' better since the accident. They had a welcome home party for him, the whole family was there. In the midst of all that, with the boyfriend's father home for the first time in a month, they made her a birthday cake. They really are good people. You should hear the boyfriend play the piano, he can play just about any instrument, piano's his favorite.

I'm going to open another Rolling Rock now, have a cigarette too. If I ever sell my book I'm going to buy me another old Harley, a nasty old shovelhead with straight pipes. Piss off the neighbors, try not to wrap it around any trees. That was a pretty good night though, I won fifty bucks shootin' pool that night. I'm not a great pool shooter, just got real lucky that night. Spent the fifty buying drinks for the guys I just won the money from. That was a long time ago, but on the inside, I'm still that guy. I'm so glad I'm not a cop anymore, I'm like a regular person again. When our younger daughter turns eighteen, that will be in seven years, I'm smokin' me a big fat joint. There will be much rejoicing.

Tommy, yeah she just got back with the groceries man. Allman Brothers on the kitchen radio......Yeah, she is smokin' hot.......Hey, that's my wife.........I know you don't......yeah bro, I gotta run man. Catch you later.

4 Comments:

Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

Congrats to your family!
Sounds like you've had some rough times as we all seem to face at some point.
Enjoy your time off, and being able to be w/ the family!!!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Squarehead,

You're a survivor. A real man of steel. A cross between the bionic man and Dirty Harry.

"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

You've been to Hell and back. Stretched to the limit. You are resilient. Strong. Real metal in your Soul. The kind that makes weaker men fall. The EKG will be a piece of cake. Surrender to the EKG gods and they'll see you through.

Happy Birthday to baby girl. I remember when I was 18. Never lost that feeling. Good age. Good time. Everything's new. New is good. It's the heart of the moment. The heat. Gotta protect your heart. The EKG will help.

Sell that book. Never give up the dream. Never doubt the dream. Never give up your Soul --- or your skillet!

Did I miss something in prior posts? Who is Tommy?

Tommy Chong
Tommy The Musical
Tommy The Tank Engine
Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Lee
Tom-a-hawk

I'm on a roll and can't get off. I do that sometimes.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

Thanks Coffee. Yeah, everybody deals with the hard times now and then. It's part of it.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

Well thank you Alexys, but if you knew me you would know I'm just clumsy, and a little bit stupid.

Yeah, she's eighteen, all growed up.

Tommy is just an old friend.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home