Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Day.

Worked over last night. Got home a little after 02 this morning. Up at 0800. Drove my daughter up to the campus for her morning classes. At about a quarter before noon my wife and I, along with our younger daughter headed over to the hospital, not too far from the campus. My wife had her scheduled mammogram and ultrasound at noon. So we drop her off, she goes inside. She's nervous. I'd be nervous too. Me and the little baby girl head over to the campus to pick up the big baby girl who gets out at 1210 hours. She has no classes 'til 1430 so we all go back to the hospital and sit in the waiting room while my wife is being clamped into the breast crushing torture device known as the mammogram machine.

The big baby girl is working on math while the little baby girl is working on it with her. Sometimes I think that's why the little one is as advanced as she is. The two of them do school work together all the time. I'm diggin' the moment, my girls and all like that. I'm tryin' to read National Geographic. I'm not doin' a very good job, reading that is.

So my wife comes out at around 1320, she's sore but glad that it's over. She wants Chinese, we all go have lunch together. The big baby girl drops us off at the house and takes the old Jeep back up to the campus for her afternoon classes. She's done with school at 1650,reports to work at 1700. I'm gettin' a ride over to The Dock from this kid I work with for our 1600 shift.

We have to wait for the results. She said they took extra pictures, twice, of the breast that has the two lumps in it. I'm prayin'. Hope I'm doing it right.

A friend told me to keep my mouth shut, that it's about her right now. My friend told me that I can't let it bother me, at least so she can tell it's bothering me. That friend is right. I'm doin' the best I can. It's all about my wife, not about me bein' all emotional and stupid. I think I'm pretty good at hidin' my emotions, most guys are. Now, the stupid part is a different story. I don't have as much control over the stupid part but I'm tryin'.

Hey Tommy, did I tell you I've been losin' my hair?....No, really man. Over the last few months on the back of my head. It looks like Friar Friggin' Tuck and shit.....Yup, I'm gettin' ready to get all Kojac now. Gonna have to buy me an electric razor and hope that old scar up there has faded enough.....No, my wife thinks it'll be cool. She's totally cool with it.....Yeah, thanks bro.....Yeah, I'll let you know.

1 Comments:

Blogger whatnext said...

you're doing well. take a deep breath. god. why do they make us WAIT for results in situations like this??

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home