Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor................Day.

Yeah, so I took the girls over to Jersey to see their grandfather over the weekend. My wife decided last minute that she didn't want to go. She got a call on Friday morning, a few hours before we left, from the doctor's office. They said she's supposed to see this surgeon on Tuesday at two o'clock for a consultation. The nurse who called told my wife that the two lumps in her left breast are cysts, probably nothing to worry about but..................The other breast, the one that does not bother her, the one that's not showing any lumps. That one has micro (something) clusters. Micro (something) clusters are not good.

Yeah, so, yeah...........................

Had a good time in Jersey, sort of. The girls had a ball. The grandfather and his girlfriend spoiled them rotten, tons of food, gifts, a little cash for their bank accounts......................

Saturday morning I took a ride. Said I had to get a few things at the store. Just drove around some of the old neighborhood. Thinking....................

Yeah, so on Saturday afternoon they take me and the girls down to Lyndhurst, Polito Avenue. Medieval Times is the place. It's very cool indeed. You stuff your face and watch these guys on horseback go at it with swords and lances in this large indoor arena. If you never heard of it then just look it up on-line. They got like ten of them all around the country............

Sunday morning I got up and went to the store again. I had to get Taylor Ham at the Shop-Rite. You can't get Taylor Ham in this part of Pennsylvania. It's criminal I know, but what are you gonna do. My old Jeep don't really fit in at the Shop-Rite, not so much these days. They got a friggin' Rolls Royce dealership out on 46 in Pine Brook. Things have changed. I mean Globe Mercedes was always there on Bloomfield Avenue. Montclair had the Rolls/Jaguar dealership, but Pine Brook? We used to go drinkin' at Dirty Jack's in Pine Brook...............

My wife spent the weekend painting the living room. The little baby girl knew all about it, she went to the store with my wife on Friday about an hour before we left for Jersey and picked out the paint. She's good at keepin' her mouth shut. Me and the older baby girl were completely surprised. The living room looks great. We just hung the curtains back up about an hour ago...

First day of school for the little baby girl tomorrow. She'll be takin' the bus. I'll walk her down to the bus stop at 0710. At 0900 I have to drop the older baby girl off up at the campus, she's got classes 'til 3 o'clock. At two I have to take my wife up to the hospital to see that surgeon. At a quarter after three I have to meet the bus and see how the little baby girl made out her first day of middle school then go back up to the campus and pick up the older baby girl who will then drive me to work at four................

Things just don't seem real lately, or maybe they seem a little too real. I know that micro (something) clusters are bad. Micro (somethings) alone ain't too bad, sometimes they can even remove them when they do the biopsy, but clusters are bad. Macro is less bad, or maybe it's micro that's not as bad, I don't know. The nurse said micro, my wife wrote it down..................

All the stupid shit I've done in my life, I should be dead at least five or six times already. It ain't right, but I ain't sayin' nothin' either...........

Early detection, all the medical advances and we have good insurance.................

We'll know more after tomorrow...................

Whatever it takes..............

If I have to I'll find me that Crossroad, get down on my knees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home