Friday, March 30, 2007

It's In the Oven At 350.

0224:

Hey Tommy. Listen man, I got a butt burning in the ashtray and something in the oven, I'll be right back bro.

Okay, thanks for hangin' on man.........Yeah, in the ashtray........Yes, in the kitchen.......No, I said I almost never smoke in the house. Besides, it's like the middle of the night here and I'm off on Friday and it's real cold outside and I'm cookin'.........Did I say I never smoke in the house?.......I did?......Well sometimes, once in a great while, on very rare occasions, I will smoke in the kitchen under the exhaust fan but only late at night when the kids are in bed.......Yes, she knows I do that.........Hey, what the hell is this, like a cross examination or somethin'? What, now you're Perry Mason all of the sudden?........Yeah, I know you enjoy this kind of stuff. I'm so friggin' glad that you're so friggin' amused.......Yeah well I was plannin' on tellin' you about what I'm cookin' but I've been busy defending myself against your withering verbal assault. Thank you so much Mr. Guilt Master...........Yeah, funny bro. Look, now I have to go check the oven again, and yes I'm planning on lighting another smoke to enjoy with my coffee......Yeah............ Yes, I'll be right back.

Okay Tommy, I'm back. Now, are you done bein' a pain in the ass?......Good. Hey man, I know it's been a few weeks and I'm sorry, but you ain't exactly been chattin' it up with me either............Now how am I supposed to know that? I don't know how this works. All I know is that Patrick Swayze was kickin' the crap out of the bad guys in that movie.........No I'm not really sure if that's how you spell his name........Yeah, that was a pretty lame flick but the chicks sure dig it.........Yeah I know. Give me something with John Wayne and Ben Johnson in it any day.......Hey Tommy, I have to be honest with you. I mean, not to change the subject or anything, but I'm not even sure where it is that you are. I mean, you know, we both did our share if you know what I mean.......Yeah I know it was legal, we were soldiers then, but that still don't make it right. Besides, you stayed in the army and I left and joined the cops where I did my own share in the line of duty.........No, fortunately I never had to do that but I did have to put a hurtin' on a few people in order to affect an arrest. It happens sometimes, not everyone is happy about gettin' locked up. Anyway, sometimes I just wonder about it. Sometimes I wonder about my soul, if that makes any sense.........Well yeah, that's kind of why I was wonderin' if maybe you could help me out here. I was wonderin' if maybe you could tell me what happens to guys like us.



Tommy?

4 Comments:

Blogger MMM said...

What was in the oven?!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

A baking dish (9x14?) containing 18 eggs, one pound of ground sausage (cooked and drained), one pound of shredded cheese (spinkled over top right before it goes in the oven), a little milk (mixed in with the eggs), a shot of PAM in the dish. Bake at 350 covered with foil for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 30 to 40 minutes or until it looks done. It's not quiche! It has no crust. Well, okay, maybe it's quiche like but I refuse to call it quiche, even though I've had some really good quiche in my time..............;)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Alexys Fairfield said...

Remind me never to come here on an empty stomach. That smells sooooo gooood. It reminds me of a Greek dish I had once that is now one of my favorites.

Squarehead, if you were Betty Crocker, I would call you a cake tease.

Now I can't concentrate on what I was going to write. I keep thinking about that dish that is probably gone now.

Oh well, what I really want to say is that you and Tommy probably did what you had to do and it affected you in ways that only you and Tommy know. We grow from our past to make a better future.

P.S. Maybe you could pen a cooking book??????

5:36 PM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

Alexys, you said a "cake tease", that's funny. Yes, the dish was long gone before you left this comment. Once I sprinkled chopped up bacon all over the top then covered that with green pepper rings and another layer of cheese. That was too good.

Yes, we did what we had to do and I have moved on. Sometimes it catches me off gaurd however. Sometimes, usually when I'm really tired, it sneeks up on me. I'm just very happy that I'm not a soldier or a cop anymore. I don't think those were the things I was meant to do.

I am considering a cook book. I am afraid that if write one the A.M.A. will have me arrested. I'm really not into all that low fat stuff.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home