Friday, March 02, 2007

.....you're it.....

Okay, so years and years ago, when we were first together my wife bought me a bottle of cologne. I don't remember what brand it was but it was one of those trendy expensive type deals. I have never been much of a cologne kind of guy, I'll slap some anti-stank stick under my arms after a shower but that's about it. I wore the cologne a few times but ended up throwing it out a few years later when we moved out of our first apartment. If you have not guessed by now, I'm really not a very stylin' kind of person. I don't keep up with trendy things, don't pay attention to any of that stuff and sometimes it bothers her a little bit. Sometimes she says I'm too old for my age, sometimes she's more diplomatic and says I'm an old soul.

So, the other day I'm talking with this young at work, he's twenty-two and I'm the same age as his dad. He and I started down at The Dock on the same day, we've always gotten along and we work well together. Anyway, we were talking about women, and one young woman in particular, a young woman that he's interested in. I can tell he really digs this girl, when his cell phone rings he never answers it unless he can talk to her privately. Yeah, so the other day he gives me a ride home from work. Like I was saying in the previous post, I've been having a little car trouble lately. (As of 12MAR07, the day I am completing this post, I think I've got it fixed.)

So when he's driving me home I notice a can of body spray type deodorant for men laying on the floor of his car. I ask him if it's true what they say in the ads for that stuff, you know, about women going crazy for the guy who wears it. He laughs and says yeah, as far as he knows it's true. He says that girl he's been seeing goes crazy for it. So I decide maybe to leap into the twenty-first century and maybe surprise my wife with something she would not expect. I go to the store to buy myself some of that body spray, I had no idea they had so many different kinds.

Rather than buy the wrong stuff, I wait until I see this kid at work again and I ask him for a recommendation. He starts laughing, I say what's so funny? He says nothing, he says that his dad asked him the same question. He said it's just kind of funny because his dad said that he had great success with the body spray. He said his mom apparently really liked it. So he tells me what type I should try, I tried it..............Wow, not exactly like the ads but my wife was really digging it. So now I wear it sometimes, she likes the way it makes me smell. The whole thing put a big smile on her face, that makes me feel good. I love to see my wife smile.

Hey Tommy! How you been bro?....Good, yeah it's still crazy. The friggin' furnace broke, well the blower motor quit on me anyway.....Yeah, I called the guy and he wants eighty bucks just to walk in the door...Nope, I told him to forget it. We have two separate heating systems The attic job keeps the upstairs nice and toasty, I can manually fire up the downstairs unit and at least keep things from freezing....No, the motor runs but then it overheats and shuts down....Yeah, so I run it for a bit then shut it down at the thermostat before it overheats....No, it's not dangerous, it's just the blower motor...Yup, the girl at the supply house is ordering me a new motor...No, it's a big unit, got a 3/4 horse GE motor with dual shafts that drive the dual squirrel cages....Right, got dual return air...No, I can change it out. It's got six wires, not real complicated, it's going to be a real pain in the ass though. I have to slide the whole assembly out in order to access the motor....Yup, it's already warming up here, got fifties during the day, mid-sixties tomorrow, so I'll wait until the motor comes in then change it out when it's nice and warm....Yup, I'll save probably two-hundred bucks or more by doing it myself....Hey bro, I got a funny story for you, I'll tell you later tonight after work...Yes I promise...Yup' gonna blog after my shift tonight, things are finally slowing down around here some. Catch you later Tommy............ Oh yeah, I thought maybe the title of this post would enough of a clue for you, guess not....."TAG", it's called "TAG".....Yeah, I got the "Midnight" scent.. Yup, it does work..........Hey hey, that's enough. I do not kiss and tell.

2 Comments:

Blogger whatnext said...

See?? You guys. I swear. We ask for so little, (um...OK. That's pretty much a lie...) and still it takes years to get you to just spray a little something in your vicinity. I've been trying for over 30 years to get my husband to give a damn about such things, but no go. So, I give up. And he'll never know what he's been missing....

9:16 AM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

Hey Okay, well tell your husband to give it a try. Even us old dogs.......
Nice to hear from you.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home