Saturday, December 16, 2006

Eight Meatballs.

Hell of a week. Lots O' OT. Crazy, she's been working ten hour shifts six days a week. My OT is always hit and miss. The Dock is jumping. Her shop is jumping too. She's been running three machines. Our younger daughter had a birthday last Monday, she brought cup cakes to school. We will be celebrating here on Saturday, well it is Saturday, 0149 hours. Pizza from Luigi's, that's her favorite and it's right down the block from our house. We got her an ice cream cake, it's a root beer float cake. We got balloons and one of those helium tanks too. She's getting some cool presents, all the overtime my wife has been working, got that covered. I'm so friggin' tired I can barely keep my eyes open. Have not written a word all week. I have to get some sleep, clear my head, enjoy the little baby girl's eleventh birthday celebration. I like pizza.

Yeah so this time of year sometimes gets weird for me. Lately I've been going on like five or six hours of sleep, makes things weirder. All the news about Iraq, memories that I don't want. I put that stuff away a long time ago, don't want it leaking out.

Yeah so I was a cop too, in Jersey 'til I got hurt and pensioned out. This is domestic violence season. I remember this one lady, she was from Brazil. She spoke some English and a lot of Portuguese. Her husband beat her with the turkey right out of the oven, in front of her kids. My partner, she spoke a lot of Spanish and a little Portuguese, she was able to communicate with this woman. The low life husband fled the scene prior to our arrival, the people in the apartment next door called 911 when they heard the screams. So we take the kids back to the station house and one of the guys went out and got them ice cream. We had them in the squad room watching TV while my partner stayed with the woman at the ER. They released her and my partner brought her back to the station. She was able to provide us with some possible locations where we might be able to find the low life husband. My partner stayed with the woman and her kids, me and another guy went and found the low life husband. I love these guys, all big and bad with the little woman, turn into a blubbering pile of mush when they get toe to toe with another guy. So this clown actually tried to resist arrest, I grabbed his arm and he hit me in the head with his free hand. It wasn't much of a punch, more like a slap, it was all I needed.

Some guys think that it's best to go for the knock out punch to the face or jaw. I always found that a well placed short punch driven upwards with your legs behind it, directly under the ribs works best in those types of situations. It usually knocks the wind out of them, a hasty finish is what you want. So this guy folded around my fist like a wet paper bag, we cuffed him up quick.
Back at the station we check our weapons and take him back to the cages. The cages are small holding cells. We have to remove his shoes and belt and any jewelry, along with his wallet and anything else he might have in his pockets. A very thorough search is required prior to placing any subject in a holding cell. They may be there for several hours, depends on how busy it is. So this guy decides to get stubborn again. This guy decides he's not giving up his gold in color neck chain with the St. Christopher medal on it. We try to explain it to him, we tell him he has to remove the chain. We tell him it will be bagged and returned to him upon his release. We don't tell him that he ain't being released any time soon. We don't tell him that his next stop is the main jail, the county jail on Market Street after he's processed. We try to be diplomatic, he ain't having any of it. The chain had to be removed from around his neck. It was removed at combat speed. I'm sure a good jeweler could easily repair the clasp.

Yeah, 'tis the season for Domestic Violence. I'm so glad I'm not a cop anymore. I really hate guys who hit women and children. Well I have to go get some sleep now. All the lights are up, it's real pretty. I love Christmas because the girls love it all so much. The Parrot has his own stocking, as do the dogs and the Love Bird. Now I'm rambling, I'm going outside for a smoke, then to bed.

Hey Tommy, what it is? Oh yeah, the meatballs. Well she made a whole bunch of meatballs a couple weeks ago, froze some too. Yeah, so I figure I'll heat up some of the sauce she made and throw some meatballs into the mix as well. I figure I'll throw the whole thing into the crock pot and let it slow cook, so the girls can have it for dinner........Yeah, this was just the other day......Yeah, they could just boil up some pasta and have a nice dinner while I'm at work and the wife is sleeping 'cause she's been working ten PM 'til eight in the morning all week.......Right......yeah so I got the sauce defrosted and I'm ready to throw the meatballs in and I open the container.......That's right, hey you are sharp Tommy.......That's right bro, eight friggin' meatballs left in the container. It's obvious that the girls have been consuming those meatballs and that's okay, they just should have said something is all I'm sayin'........No I did not yell at them. I went over to the market and picked up a bag of pre-made store bought frozen meatballs.......No they ain't as good as my wife's but what are you goin' to do?.........Yeah bro, eight friggin' meatballs. Like I was sayin' Tommy. It's been a hell of a week.......Yeah, I'll catch you later man.

2 Comments:

Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

Hey there.....what stories you must have. Sad too. Violence, why? Bastards!
Hope today's fun for your daughter & family!
Cheers!
I'm with you with Iraq and the administration. Bastards, all we hear about for over 3 yrs
all (what little $$$$ there is/isn't) going outside the country...well, you know what I'm saying.
I'm with you about this BS! Enough already!

5:52 AM  
Blogger whatnext said...

Speaking as diabetic, that rootbeer float cake is about as good a food fantasy as I've had in a while.

Rootbeer floats.
Ah. The staff of life.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home