Friday, March 23, 2007

Sprung.

I am, spring is here. It's raining but it's warm outside. Wife is sleeping, dogs are dogging, kids are kidding, Squarehead is squaring, or trying to square. Square away my life that is, I'm sick of being a home owner. Life was better when we first got married and rented. I always thought I wanted to own my own house, this is our third house and I'm sick of it. This line of thought is stupid, now that I'm reading my own words that is. What the hell, I'll leave it here anyway. I appreciate the comments on the previous post, makes me think that maybe I really can do this. I have to craft some more query letters and send them out to some more agency type agents so that I can receive some more rejections. I don't think I've gotten enough rejection letters yet, I need some more. Rejection, it's like PT. It hurts but it's so good for you.

Gimme some,........Gimme some,.......PT,.........PT,........So good,........Good for you,........Good for me,.......Now gimme some,........So good,.......So good,........

I can run to Texas just like this,..........All the way to Fort Hood and never quit,.........I can to Panama just like this,..........All the way to Jungle School and never quit,...........I can run in Georgia just like this,..........Red clay and Ranger School just like this,.........

PAIN!...In my legs,.....PAIN!...In my lungs,.....PAIN!...Makes me wish,....PAIN!...I'll never quit,.......

See yuz all later.

YAY!

6 Comments:

Blogger whatnext said...

I'm with you on renting. The line of thought is not stupid. My husband says it's throwing money away, but I'd give anything to be living somewhere that I could just walk away from.

Gotta say, this post is a really good piece of writing. The ending reads like the thing that soldiers yell when they're doing running drills. Is that what it is?

4:01 PM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

Hey Okay. Yes, that's exactly what it is. Calling cadence, there are many. Some for running, others for marching. Jodie calls they are sometimes known as. Jodie this and Jodie that, Jodie's got your girl and gone. Some of the cadence calls go way way back to the 19th century. I once heard that the term "gringo" came from the fact that U.S. soldiers sang a cadence that went "green grows the grass". So, "green grow" became
simply "gringo". Thanks for the compliment Okay, I appreciate that.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

oh yeah, the above "removed post" was just me removing my response to Okay that I accidently entered twice. DUH!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Alexys Fairfield said...

Hey Squarehead,

As long as you don't reject yourself. Nothing else really matters. You will find a way to be heard. You will. Trust me.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

Thank you very much Alexys. I appreciate your thoughts, very much.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home