Saturday, December 09, 2006

Hey Bro.

Yeah Tommy I know. It wasn't your sister who worked in that mill, it was your old girlfriends sister.........Yeah I remember the story now. This girl you went out with in high school, her older sister had a couple kids and worked in the mill when her husband got killed.............Yeah, you said he was a tree climber, worked for a big commercial tree service........Your right man, that's a hard way to earn your pay. Dangling forty feet up with spikes strapped on your boots and a chainsaw hangin' off your toolbelt. That is a tough job. I guess the odds caught up with him.........Yeah so I wanted you should know that I remembered the story...........No, I was lookin' at some old pictures the other night after my daughter asked me why I can't hear so well in my left ear.........Yeah that's right man............No, I didn't tell her the whole story, just that sometimes things are loud...... Yeah so check this out, she's ten right? So I told her that things are sometimes loud, and she says this, she says "like things go boom kind of loud"? Can you believe it man?.......I know, she's a funny kid bro.........Yeah I know I did.......I don't know man, I just know it's gotten worse over the years since. I still have that slight ringin' in my ear too..........Yeah, I'm sure the VA is goin' to help me out. Sometimes you crack me up man.......Yeah, I have to get goin' buddy. She's at her company Christmas party right now......No, her sister went with her, the one who lives in Philly........Yeah, the artist.......Yeah I'm goin' back later, after the older one gets home from the Winter Dance at the school........No, we all went together and ate, the little one got a present from Santa 'cause he showed up at the V.F.W. hall where the party is at. At eight o'clock all the kids go home and they open the bar up for the rest of night......Yeah, the thing started at four and we ate good before we left........The older daughter? She'll be home at ten, that's when I walk on down to V.F.W. 'cause it's only a couple blocks away........That's right bro, safety first.........No, I ain't gettin' drunk, just cop a nice buzz and maybe shoot a little pool.......Same here man, out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

Big Shout from the midwest ; )

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home