Wednesday, April 04, 2007

busy

I'm so busy, busy busy busy busy busy doin' nothin'.........Busy busy busy busy busy doin' nothin'.

Same old same, day in day out.......Busy busy busy busy busy doin' nothin'.

Spin around, spin around, spin around, spin around.........Busy doin' nothin'.

Repetition is everything but......................

The glass is still half full.

In ninth grade I tried out for the school play, nervously. I got a part and never went back again. I was scared shitless.

In ninth grade I was voted best hair in the guy category. They gave me an oversize comb with several teeth missing. I did not attend the event....................I was busy.

3 Comments:

Blogger whatnext said...

i dunno...is it SPRING or what that's dredging up this feeling? same thing going on with me. i'm feeling like i'm running my ass off, but feeling like my life in general amounts to nothing in particular. at least you're about 15 years younger than me. you've got more TIME to try to figure this all out. i'm beginning to feel like i'm being cased by the Grim Reaper. and i'm running as fast as i can.

well. THAT was a gloomy post. sorry about that.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Alexys Fairfield said...

Squarehead,
Glad you're not to busy to post. I am in the middle of several projects including moving, but somehow I manage to still do what I love.

Anyway, I've included some quotes on being busy just for good measure.

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
~Dale Carnegie

“Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.”
~Henry David Thoreau

“The busy man is troubled with but one devil; the idle man by a thousand”
~Spanish Proverb

“There is nothing so annoying as to have two people talking when you're busy interrupting.”
~Mark Twain

4:12 PM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

Alexys I love these, the Mark Twain quote is my favorite. Years ago my grandmother (Maggie, I wrote a post about her once) lived in West Hartford Connecticut, not very far from Mark Twain's house. Years later I lived in Missouri, just a couple hours away from Hannibal. I always loved Mark Twain, and I understand why he never returned to Missouri.

..................................

Hey Okay, don't worry about it. That spring thing is probably what's going on with me too. So I've got an extra fifteen years to figure it out? Wish me luck.
As far as the old Grim Reaper being hot on your trail is concerned? Just seed that trail with some well placed toe poppers and Claymores, that should slow him down. ;)

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home