Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Another Month. Almost.

So last week we went to the hospital and my wife saw the surgeon. He said some very positive things. She likes him. She said he's easy to talk to. She said he answers all her questions without an attitude. You know that attitude that some doctors will throw your way. She said that he said that he doesn't think she has breast cancer, yet. She said that he said he would put the odds at one in fifteen in her favor. She said that he said that she has those clusters that can lead to breast cancer, but he doesn't think she has it yet. He said they will biopsy the clusters. We have to wait until the first of October, of course. She said that he said that even if she does have breast cancer, it would be so very early on that treatment would be less invasive and very successful.

I waited in the waiting room while she was in with the doctor. I was really sucking wind. I knew it was better than the worst when I saw her smile light up the waiting room as she walked through the door after her visit.

So, the first of October before we know for sure. It for sure sounds better than it did before.

We had a great weekend. Busy as hell but a great weekend. The grapes are ready and my wife started picking and sorting. I started mashing them down and cooking them out, squeezing the juice through a cheesecloth. We made our first couple quarts of jelly.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. It's-a- so nice.

Got about six more quarts of juice sittin' in the fridge. I'll be making more jelly today before I go to work.

The younger baby girl started Middle School. She rides the bus. We walk down to the bus stop at about 0710. I walk down and meet her at about 1515 each afternoon. She likes the Middle School so far. They are having their first dance this Friday at 6:30. The older baby girl and one of her girlfriends will be helping her pick out an outfit and get ready for the dance. It's exciting, her first real school dance. I'll be at work but my wife said she'll call me down The Dock after she picks her up at 9:00, let me know how it went. My foreman will get me when the call comes in. He knows the deal. He knows how I feel about the baby girls. He's a dad too.

Hey Tommy. Yeah, so I've been thinkin' bro. I've been thinking about starting a second blog. It's goin' to be a total work of fiction, this second blog. I'm goin' to write a story, a little bit at a time. Maybe someone will enjoy it. Hell, I know I'll enjoy writing it.........Yeah, but I don't think people really do that so much. I mean stealing other peoples work like that. Besides, this blog is copyrighted and if I ever found out that someone stole my stuff? Well, they would have to pay me lots of money then wouldn't they? Besides, I think that's a lot of urban legend. Maybe I'm wrong, and I don't really care. If someone ever stole my stuff, well that means it's good enough I guess.........Yeah, based on that theory I got nothin' to worry about.....No man, I'm just lookin' to have some fun. You know I love to write, that's all that matters to me......Yeah, I'll let you know. Should be a link to it from my profile page. I just have to figure out how to do it 'cause I'm a moron when it comes to all this computer crap......Yeah Tommy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alexys Fairfield said...

Hi Squarehead,
Great news. I am so happy for you and your family. We really do have to celebrate each day God brings and do things we will always remember. Tommy feels the same way - - he told me.

Happy Blessings, my dear friend.

1:07 PM  
Blogger whatnext said...

Whew.

THIS is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad.

But He does put us through some shit, doesn't He?

If you think it's a good idea, ask the doctor guy what he thinks of some "precautionary" chemo and/or radiation. My sister had Stage Zero (the lowest level)breast cancer. She's a PhD with massive medical experience and sort of demanded that she have both after her surgery to nuke anything that might have gotten away. And 10 years later she's still alive and well. Not the most fun thing to go through, but it does give you some peace of mind afterwards, I think. But every situation is different, I guess.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

Thank you Alexys.

Hey Okay. I will do that. I think she may have discussed it with the doc already. She's been doing her homework. Thanks Okay.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home