Monday, September 17, 2007

Dancing.

So the little baby girl attended her first school dance this past Friday night. She said she danced and danced, had a real good time. She ate three slices of pizza at a buck per slice for the first two, fifty cents for the third 'cause the dance was almost over.

We all had a good weekend, got lots-o-stuff done around here. My wife and I were both up at five on Sunday morning. Had an early quiet breakfast together, took showers and headed out to Wal-Mart at seven. We don't really like Wal-Mart but these days it's not like we are availed of a plethora of affordable choices. Key word here is affordable. Even Wal-Mart ain't all that affordable any more.

We got some things for the living room that my wife painted over Labor Day weekend. We got some picture frames and a lamp with a funky old school looking lamp shade that actually goes. I know it goes 'cause my wife and girls say it goes. I have no decorating sense whatsoever. I like blue, black, green and sometimes chrome.

Made more jelly. Two batches over the weekend. Many more grapes still hanging on those vines waiting to be eaten by the birds or picked, squished, mashed and boiled by we humans. Was able to set another dozen or so patio stones yesterday. Got fourteen more waiting to be placed, then we'll have to buy some more. Probably need to pick up about fifteen to finish up the job.

I love walking the younger baby girl down the corner to catch the school bus in the morning. She loves the morning birds. We talk while we walk. Well, she talks and I listen. Every day she tells me something about something that I didn't know. She's a sponge, just soaks up the information. We got her PSSA testing scores from last year in the mail. She's hundreds of points above what they consider to be advanced in both math and reading. She's right there at the advanced level in writing. The girl is scary smart. We don't push her, we never have. We just always made sure that the homework is done on time. She's just like that, scary smart.

Every day I watch the older baby girl drive off to the campus, sometimes I drive her but usually she just takes the old Jeep. After classes, almost every day and most weekends, she goes to work at the pharmacy. She has over two grand saved up for a car. We told her to keep saving, get a better car that way. We are so proud of her. Last night I was looking at pictures from about fifteen years ago. Me and the older baby girl running on the beach down the shore. She would pick up every broken shell she could find. She loved to dance at the edge of the surf. We would go down the shore in the spring on weekdays, have the beach all to ourselves. Can't believe she's in college now.

Redundancy is everything, and repeating yourself is cool too. I know I've said all this before, just sometimes it overwhelms me with pride. These two girls, couldn't ask for more.

Hey Tommy. I went and checked out that car. It's a '99 Grand-Am, looks to be in great shape but, it needs tires and it has 143,000 miles on it. That's kind of high mileage for that little aluminium GM motor. I don't want her to have to be dumpin' money into the motor right away. I asked the guy why his son was sellin' the car. The guy said his son is a Marine gettin' sent back to Iraq for his second tour. He said his son also sold his other vehicle, an older 4x4 truck. He said his son figures if he makes it back this time then he's gonna treat himself to a brand new vehicle. I just said to him, God bless your son. He said thank you and that was it.

Dancin' on the beach. Dancin' in the gym. Dancin' on the head of a pin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home