Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Damn.

So I got a call at work last night. She needed the doctor's cell phone number. I told her I wrote it in the book. She said she has pain and discomfort, a walnut size bump on her side, the side where she had the surgery.

So I call her back later. She had just hung up with the doctor. The doctor said it's nothing to worry about. Fluid and blood, not uncommon. He'll look at it on Thursday during her appointment. He tells her something else.

The doctor said that they had to send the sample out for more extensive testing. It looks like it may be more involved than they first thought. It looks like they may have to take the whole breast.

It's all up in the air. The doctor still thinks it's DCIS, just more of it. We don't know. We are back to square one. He's not sure if he'll know on Thursday at 2:15PM when she has her next office visit.

He said she has time. If they have to operate again, it does not have to be right away. He said they reconstruct the breast from tummy tissue. He said she doesn't have enough tummy tissue to do that. I told her she could have mine. She laughed, It's good to hear her laugh.

We just don't know yet. It may not happen. I'm afraid it probably will. I don't care if they can't reconstruct the breast. I just want her to live.

I don't know why this is happening. We have been through enough. I'm starting to get angry.

She's worried about money. More surgery means more lost wages. We have family willing to help. I applied at the railroad. Good money but lots of hours. Four twelve hour days and on-call for the other three. No life with a job like that. Who needs a life? I'm going to need to pay the bills. I know a guy who grossed 70k last year at the railroad. That's good money. I hope I get it. I don't want her working in the powdered metal plant anymore. I want her to be home for the girls like she was once. I want her to be home for her. I want her to live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home