Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Hey Tommy, it's me.

How you been? I know it's been a little while. Been busy. Hey, I was thinkin' about something. I was thinkin' that maybe you would be votin' for Mr. Obama, if you were votin' that is. I was thinkin' how you never really cared for politics, or politicians. I was thinkin' how you'd probably like this guy. He seems honest. Seems. I saw him interviewed a few months back. One of those stupid TV news magazine shows. Anyway, the reporter asked him about drug use in his youth. He gave an honest answer. It could have cost him but I guess it didn't. Maybe most of us out here in the real world don't give a rat's ass about he smoked a little weed, or snorted a little coke back in the day. It's a stupid question anyway. Now, if some candidate were an active drug user, well that of course would make a difference. Another reason why I'd think you'd like him bro. If this guy is elected president, it would really piss a lot of people off. I know you'd get a kick out that.

Hey Tommy. These morons on TV. They keep talkin' about experience. They keep sayin' that he's got no experience, he's not "qualified" to be president. Well, I checked. The Constitution says that if you want to be president you have be born in this country, and you have to be at least thirty-five years old. Mr. Obama has those qualifications. Anyway, I know you don't care much for politics, or politicians. I just was thinkin', you'd like this guy. If he gets the nod, I'm votin' for him.

Oh, hey Tommy. One other thing man. When I saw that interview? His wife was there. She asked the American people to let her know if they see him smokin' a cigarette. I guess he was supposed to quit smokin'. Seems like maybe he sneaks one every now and then. It just makes him seem a little bit more real to me. I don't know, maybe it's stupid. It's just a little thing, but what the hell else do you have to go by?

Oh man. Hey bro. You got to see The Parrot right now. He's givin' me the evil eye. I gave him some of his favorite treats to keep him quiet and happy so's my wife can sleep 'cause she worked all night. I think he thinks I'm goin' to be tryin' to take it from him. He's a trip, The Parrot is.

Yeah so I called my father back on Sunday like I said. I agreed to go and see him soon. I told him I got to work out the logistics 'cause the Myrtle, our old BMW, ain't runnin' right now. We're sharin' the old Jeep 'til we figure somethin' out, or 'til we get our tax return and maybe I can find me an old beater truck or somethin'. Anyway, he calls me back yesterday and tells me to rent a car. He says he'll pay for it. He says he'll give the rental guy his credit card number over the phone. I guess that works. I guess he's serious about seein' me sooner than later. I guess time is critical.

Still not sure how I feel about all this, just yet. I can't go there if I'm goin' to lose my temper. No sense in yellin' at a dying old man. I don't want to do that. I have to make sure I'm ready to say what needs to be said. I'll say it I guess, even if I don't mean it I'll say it. Isn't that what you're supposed to do? I have talked to my wife about it. She's supportive and cool, like always. I've also talked to Beetus about it. Same thing there. This is somethin' I have to figure out on my own.

The hard part is this Tommy. I don't care about all that shit from when I was a kid. It's the crap he threw at my kids that I can't get over. Like the song says; "Jesus can forgive, but a daddy don't forget." You know what I mean bro?

This is the shit I don't like. None of this is simple. Life really ain't that hard. It's people that make it so hard. I like simple. You know, like I was sayin' before. The Simple.

Catch you later Tommy. Hope all is well where you are. Wherever that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home