Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I Know.

Yeah, I'm supposed to write about that guy, the one we'll call Guy. He's another aided person/mentally ill individual we dealt with back in the day. He was an ex-marine, a Nam vet. His mental illness had little or nothing at all to do with his service. He was probably always crazy, he just hid it better when he was younger. That's what the ER doctor said. I will tell you about him, I promise. I just don't have the time right now.

So after weeks of looking, my daughter and I finally found her first car. a '99 Dodge Neon with 72K miles. The car is immaculate. Well maintained by this guy she bought it from. The car Blue Books at thirty-four hundred. She got it for two grand. The guy even filled the tank up for her before we picked it up the other day. Nice guy. So she has her own wheels now. Payed for it with her own money, and she got her own insurance in her name. Wasn't too long ago, like three years ago, I was teaching her how to drive. It seems like it was only a week before that I was teaching her how to ride a bike.

I had to replace the sending unit for the oil pressure gauge on our old Jeep. One day the oil pressure just peeked all the way at the high end. I almost soiled my jeans. It only took a minute for me to realize that the motor was humming along nice and smooth, that it must have been the gauge, but that was not a fun minute. Forty bucks for the sending unit. Oh well. Now I have to replace the radiator, got a small leak in the radiator itself. When I was a kid you could have that fixed, or buy a re-built radiator pretty cheap. These days they make them out of aluminium and plastic. You can't really braze and silver aluminium and plastic. One hundred and thirty-four dollars for a new radiator. I called the auto parts guy this morning, he has to order it. I'll pick it up on Friday. I know what I'll be doing on Saturday.

I was sick as a dog this past Saturday night, early Sunday morning. Riding the porcelain train. Nasty bug going around here. Still not a hundred percent. Stayed home from work last night.

Have to run. Lots to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home