Thursday, January 17, 2008

Puppy.

Not sure, but I think my wife is buying a puppy. She's at the pet store up at the mall right now. We had to go to the mall the other day. We had to return something, and get a couple of work shirts for my wife because she needs a couple more warm shirts to wear at The Plant.

So we run in the pet store, like we always do, to see the puppies, like we always do. It's fun to goof out with the puppies. We never have a problem walking away without buying one. We have two dogs already. We have never bought a dog from a pet store. Our big Shep came from a breeder. The Mutt was free, an ad in the paper that said free puppies.

So we both fell head over heels for this little Cairn Terrier. He's so full of life, and so damn smart. You can tell he's smart, it's in his eyes. So the guy at the store asks us if we want him to open the puppy pen so we can visit with him. My wife says no. It's me who caves in. I say yes. This little dog just won our hearts. You should have seen her holding him. It brought tears to my eyes. When I was holding him, he gave me kisses and I swear he winked at me.

So I'm ready to give the guy a deposit, go back the next day and get him. My wife says no, we really shouldn't do that. We talk in the Jeep on the ride home. We know we shouldn't do this. Well, today she came home from work, washed up and put some clean clothes on. She left saying she had some errands to run. I saw the twinkle in her eye. I know we shouldn't do this. I really hope she comes home with the puppy. The money would come out of our extra "work on this old fixer-upper house fund".

Three dogs? Why the hell not? You only go around once in this life. Nothing wrong with a little crazy and lots of love. We all love dogs in this house. The Westminster dog show is like the Super Bowl here. We tape it. We set up a table in the living room and order pizza. We cook all kinds of stuff and settle in for the four hours worth of canine TV. We all pick our favorites. We yell and cheer. We shout and cry foul when the judging does not go our way. Three dogs?

Yeah, three dogs. It will put a smile on her face. I love to see her smile.

Hey Tommy. Man I am tellin' you bro. This little dog is just full of all the stuff you want to see in a dog. I'm crazy about him. I really hope she gets him. I really hope she doesn't "come to her senses" all of the sudden. Dogs rule. Dogs are so much better than people sometimes. Dogs don't judge. Dogs just love you. Besides, it's a security issue. The Cairn Terrier is supposed to be very alert, an excellent watchdog. I know he's little, won't way more than ten or twelve pounds full grown. Like Toto. Yeah, Toto was a Cairn Terrier. So if he alerts, well that's when the Shep does her thing. Dogs are better than an alarm system. I know, I'm rationalizing. I really hope she comes home with that puppy. They are a Scottish breed, the Cairn Terrier is. I don't care what the girls decide to name him. I'm calling him Angus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home