Saturday, January 12, 2008

Rip.

It's just cool. Being able to rip songs from my CD's and put them in a playlist to burn my own custom CD's later. I'm ripping Molly Hatchet right now. Just ripped Zep II a couple minutes ago.

Okay. Now ripping Johnny A. Get Inside is the name of the album. My sister sent it to me for Christmas. It is personally autographed to me. I don't know how she did that. I guess she must have gone to see him play.

I have an old canvas bag full of CD's. I'm going through them this weekend. I'm going to rip what I want and burn myself some good mixes. It's my weekend this weekend. My wife said. She said that I've been working hard. She said that she's not going to ask anything of me this weekend, that I should just chill and do what I want. I do have a project that I've been working on, I would like to work on that. I can't right now though, or rather, I don't want to. I might even have a couple beers later on tonight.

I will be writing, I know that for sure. I am actually going to write some on FictionSquared.blogspot.com.

It's funny. My wife tells me that I've been working hard. She did at least ten hours overtime this week, maybe more. She has breast cancer. She tells me that I've been working hard.

Got my new burn list playing right now. Hip Bone, Johnny A. Too good. I can't stand how good this is. Tony Bennett is next.

Got some exciting stuff going on right now, related to writing. It's all top secret. Getting some help. I really need the help.........This is to weird. Tony Bennett is singing on my computer. It's an old Johnny Mercer song, I Wanna Be Around. Anyway, when I adjusted the volume the last line I had written here went to bold. The font actually turned bold. So, I adjusted the volume again and it went back to its normal look. Too weird.

Oh man. I've got a couple lottery tickets to check. Marshall Tucker, Take The Highway. The Parrot is diggin' it. He's all fired up and happy. Dogs are sleepin'. Younger baby girl is upstairs in her room doin' whatever it is she's doin'. Probably reading or playing video games, or planning on taking over the world. The older baby girl is waiting for her boyfriend to pick her up so they can go to Pittsburgh, see a movie and eat. She says she'll be home late. My wife is sleeping 'cause she worked overtime last night. I have fourteen beers in the fridge. Four bottles of Yuengling Black and Tan. Five cans of Yuengling Lager and five bottles of MGD. These various beers have been accumulating since Thanksgiving. I've had two Black and Tans and one Lager over the last few weeks. My wife had one MGD. Think I'll be puttin' a dent in the stash this weekend. Don't want the beer to go bad. That would a shame. John Prine is tellin' me all about Lake Marie right now. The Italian sausages are sizzlin' on the grill, that's what John Prine just said. Standin' by peaceful waters.

The Dead. Friend Of The Devil. He loaned him twenty bills........I do so love this song. There was a time in my life, a very long time ago, when it seemed likely that I'd be settin' out runnin' too.

The screen door just slammed. Mary is a vision, dancin' across the floor. Thunder Road. Junior High School, 1974/75. I remember when I first heard this song. Still sends chills sometimes. If it catches me just right that is. It just caught me just right......I need a cigarette. My computer is singing, sounds just like Bruce, and I ain't even drinkin' yet.

Oh man. Al Green. He's so tired......Lucinda Williams. Righteously.

I'm just sittin' back. Got my head resting against the wall. What Is And What Should Never Be.
I was seven years old when ZepII came out........It only goes to show........baby baby baby baby.

See, now this is a good song. Gary Allen. Smoke Rings In The Dark. This guy has a great voice. The computer says this song was written by Houston Robert and Rivers Rutherford. How strange. Texas and New Jersey.

That was hard to write because The Allman Brothers were playing Statesboro Blues. Now Molly Hatchet is playing an Allman Brothers song. Dreams I'll Never See. I don't usually like covers. I love this one. My wife says "it rolls". That's how she describes it. She says that about Springsteen's, She's The One also. She likes songs that roll.

I just did a spell check. Blogger says I spelled Allman Brothers wrong. Well, it says I spelled Allman wrong. Brothers I got right.

Ramble On. Led Zeppelin. This song rolls too. I saw Zep at the Garden thirty years ago.

Well. Time to get to work. I've got some writing to do. After that I'm going to work on this hallway, then I'm going to kick back later. Sink a few cold ones.

Stormy Monday. That Duane sure could play the guitar.

4 Comments:

Blogger whatnext said...

Dag, Square. Here's me with a music degree, and even when I liked music I didn't like it as much as you do. Good to see that it makes someone happy, though. To me it's just a job.

I've left Zep behind for good, along with most other music. But good Tony Bennet can be found on his album "Perfectly Frank."

I have recently experienced the same sort of jazzed-up feeling you're getting from being able to "rip" when I discovered that for a small fee I can purchase random tv episodes of the various Star Trek incarnations and put them on my iPod. Strange things make me happy these days. And having an 80GB iPod with 10 Star Trek episodes on it seems to be one of them.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

I really do love music Okay. An 80 gig iPod. Damn, that's a lot of gigs. Star Trek, too cool. You gotta love Shatner. That Tony B. album, Perfectly Frank, another friend of mine suggested that too. I've heard some it in the radio. I love Tony Bennet. What a voice. I love Sinatra too, I'm from Jersey. It's required listening.

11:53 AM  
Blogger whatnext said...

and if you'd like to kill yourself from an album, listen to (I'm not insane, I mean this...) Joni Mitchell's album from 200, "Both Sides Now." If you thinking of the twittering hippie chick from the 1970s, you're wrong. This girl has aged and mellowed and smoked a lot of cigarettes between the 1st rendition of "Both Sides Now" and the second. This album is filled with big band tunes. And some of her interpretations are heartbreakingly good. The first time I heard her new "Both Sides Now" I cried for a week. If you go to Amazon.com, you can listen to samples of the whole album to get a feel for it.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

I will do that. I love music that makes you feel.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home