Saturday, March 08, 2008

3-3. 3-11

We reported to Magee Women's Hospital on Halket Street in Pittsburgh this Monday past. The first thing they did was a head and eye x-ray. That didn't take too long at all. In fact she was done before her scheduled appointment time. Second stop was across the third floor lobby to the Breast Center for mammograms. She was in there for two hours.

I had gone downstairs to get her a cup of coffee while we waited for her scheduled two o'clock mammogram appointment. I returned with her coffee and she was gone. They had called her a few minutes early. I read the Pittsburgh Post while her coffee went cold. I walked out into the third floor lobby. Leaning against the railing looking out at the city I saw a medi-vac chopper make it's approach. Cautiously, the bird flared for it's landing on a nearby rooftop. Judging the angle I assumed the chopper was landing at UPMC Presbyterian Hospital located a short distance from where I stood. It's odd seeing and not hearing a helicopter in such close proximity.

I went outside to call our daughter, the older baby girl. I had our pre-paid Trac Fone in my pocket. She picked up her sister at the bus stop.

*

So I started this post on the eighth. Today is the thirteenth. On Monday, the tenth, we were back at the Hillman Cancer Center on Centre Avenue in Pittsburgh. They drilled holes in her. Biopsy. She's waiting to hear from the doctor. She is bruised. She is uncomfortable. She did not go to work on Monday night. The doctor said no work for twenty-four hours. She went in on Tuesday night at midnight. She went in again last night. She's sleeping now.

When we were at Hillman the other day, I went outside and crossed the street to have a cigarette. I stood near the corner of Shadyside Hospital, the northeast corner by the overpass. I don't remember much. I guess nothing stood out. They have free coffee at Hillman. In the main lobby when you first walk in, and up on the third floor to the right of the reception desk for outpatient services. The coffee on the third floor is better.

I have a pit in my stomach.

We have a new dog. A puppy. He's a Papillon. He's great. My wife said we need something positive in this house. She's right. The girls love him. I love him too. The other two dogs get along with him just fine. The Shep, she looks out for him. The younger mutt, the smart one, he's teaching the puppy how to play.

I still have a pit in my stomach. Don't know what to say so I don't say anything at all. It's not working out very well.

It was Tuesday the eleventh when we went to Hillman. It was not Monday, it was Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home