Thursday, April 02, 2009

17, 18, 19, 20......

Why not. It all rolls by like mile markers on the big road. Yard sticks. That's what we truck drivers call them. Yard sticks..........."Back it down eastbound. You got a four wheeler broke down in the fast lane, fifty-six over four."

Not a good place to be broken down. When I rolled by a Trooper had positioned her radio car behind the stalled mini-van. All the emergency lights flashing. The Trooper, wisely, had the driver and young passengers out of the vehicle and standing up on the berm off the roadway.

Stalled on the big road. Stuck in the fast lane. Too many stupid metaphors come to mind. Best to leave it alone.

I'm so friggin' tired these days. Run. Diesel. Radio. Stop and drop the pallets. Roll on to the next store. Kick the tires. Drop and hook. Shower. Sleep. Run.....Run.....Run.....

It don't get any better than this. I didn't really leave it alone either. I guess you can't help it. Everything is everything else.

I'm hungry. I need a cigarette.

1 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

It's been a long time. I hope everything is okay.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home