Monday, July 31, 2006

I'm a jerk sometimes.

Got to go to work at four. This morning my wife got home after six, she stayed awake to make sure I was up by nine. Had a doctor's appointment at ten. My C.D.L. physical, need one every two years so I can drive a semi when needed. No coffee, no cigarettes until after the docs. Blood pressure has to be good or they pull your ticket, anything over ninety on the bottom number and your done. I was 108 over 70.

Problem was, before I went I was cranky. Like a little sniffling jerk, I gave my wife a hard time about something stupid. She put me in my place, doesn't tolerate that crap and she shouldn't. When I was done at the docs I lit up as soon as I jumped in the Jeep, had another smoke with my coffee when I got home. Now I was feelin' better, apologized, groveled a little. It's all good now, she's sleeping. She worked all weekend, she's off tonight. We plan on hanging out when I get home from my shift tonight. It's hard sometimes, we work opposite schedules but it's best for the kids. They are never home alone.

I have some old scars on my back, one of them is real nasty. It's just below my left shoulder blade, it's raised and it itches like hell sometimes. It's drivin' me nuts right now. Yeah Tommy, I know, I know. I'll stop cryin' now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home