Saturday, July 29, 2006

Keepin' in Touch.

Burned a CD for an old friend. Haven't seen him in years, lost touch like you do. Looked him up a year ago, e-mail sometimes, talked once. I'll mail him the CD, hope he enjoys it. When we were kids we shared similar taste in music, saw the Beach Boys at Radio City in 1977 or '78. I was more into the southern rock thing. We both dig Zep, Clapton and The Stones. I was pleased to hear that he likes White Stripes, I do. He's married, two kids just like me. He's an artist, plays the guitar. I have a hard time drawing stick figures but I do play a mean air guitar.

Old friends, partied together and hung out looking for chicks, unsuccessfully. I think he always thought I was a little bit crazy. Hell, I was crazy, I'm better now. Been itchin' for another old shovelhead, ain't happening anytime soon, someday it will. Right now every day is a good day. I look at my kids, words can't describe. My wife and I talk about them and laugh, share those moments when we can. Two dogs, two birds, two kids and only one mortgage. Thank God for all that.

Hey Tommy, I wonder if you ever got that boat. You always wanted that boat, hope you got it. Hope you had a blast out on your boat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home