Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Step Up?

That's what the Parrot says when he wants to come out and sit on his perch, stuff his face and listen to music. Can't take him out right now. I have to pick my daughter at three, the older baby girl gets a ride home with her friends. I have to be at the cardiologist's office for a scheduled Echo-Gram at 1530 hours. It's only supposed to take fifteen minutes, we shall see. I'll probably be a little late gettin' to The Dock, supposed to start at four. It's no big deal if I'm a little late, I'm never late. Hell, other than the few days I missed two weeks ago, when I fell, I've only even missed one day since I've been working there.

So, goin' to find out just what the hell is goin' on with my ticker. I'm bettin' it's nothing at all. I'm bettin' that this whole thing is just a big waste of time and the insurance company's money. Why does it keep bothering so much?

I started my next book, layed down ten pages, deleted a bunch of stuff then filled in the blanks. Ended up with about seven pages so far. I've kind hit my stride, usually happens when I write. Starts out one way then changes. Now that I've hit my stride, won't be long before I'm in my groove. When I'm writing, and I'm in my groove, it just sails. This blog is good, helps me focus. I'm going to start blogging about things that I don't want to end up in the book. Always a danger, for me anyway. Always a danger that current events, modes of thought might creep into my writing and contaminate it, take it away from where it's supposed to go.

Hey Tommy. Not much time today bro........Yup, friggin' doctors suck man........Yeah, I'll let you know......Hey, I heard some Elvis on the radio before, made me think about you and that time......Yeah, yup.........That's right, and there you were up on the stage behind the bar singin' Elvis to that dancer.........Yeah, I think you got more dollars thrown your way than she did........Yeah, that was funny.......Okay, I will. Catch you later bro.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on starting the book. The journey of a thousand pages is the first stroke. I have a couple of things in the works too, but I may be leaning towards self-publishing. Haven't decided which way to go yet. There are advantages to both. It's nothing like that sense of communion with oneself when one is writing. Magic.

Sending good thoughts and blessings for the latest round of tests. :D

7:08 PM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

Thanks Alexys. Good luck with your too. yes, writing is....well you know. It's just great.

12:51 AM  
Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

Greetings! You're lucky to be clear enough and focus to write. I always feel like attempting it, but always feel what I have to say, has already been said, hence, why bother ; (
Good Luck on the book (patience in this world is needed big time!). I remember one famous author kept his rejects, which amounted to hundreds, and once he was finally accepted by someone, sent the rejects back to those who sent them. Can't remember the author, but was one of the best!
Cheers!

5:22 AM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

Hey thanks Coffee. Yeah, when I wrote the first one I was able to write during the day when the kids were at school and my wife was at work. Now I write at night when I get home from work, sometimes during the day. Bein focused is easy for me. Sometimes it seems that the only time I am focused is when I'm writing....And yes, everything has been said. The trick is to say it your way. I enjoy it, just for it. If I never get published, it's still a good time.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home