Friday, November 24, 2006

Hey, Thanks A Lot.

Thanksgiving was good. Have to go back to work today, then I get a three day weekend. I'll be off 'til Tuesday. Hey, wasn't that a band in the eighties? Til Tuesday? I don't know, it was something with Tuesday.

Yeah so we stuffed yesterday. She made her world famous sweet potato and apple baked dish. She made Stuffin' Muffins too. After we ate, we hit the couch with the clicker and popped in a DVD. Napoleon Dynamite, we love that movie. We all fell asleep at one point or another, turkey bein' turkey. Triptofan the light fantastic, then we turned some cartwheels 'cross the floor. I woke up first and was able to get all of the dishes done before she woke up. She was happy about that.

In the morning we all watched the Macy's Parade on TV. Well, our younger daughter watched the whole thing, the rest of us saw some of it as we went about our day. Have to take advantage of the day off and get some things done, you know?

So everything that I'm truly thankful for is right here in this drafty old house. Some other things I'm thankful for I keep to myself. I am thankful for all of you who take the time to read my blog. It's a good thing. Thank you all, I really mean it. So many good people on this little planet, this internet thing makes this little planet even smaller. Maybe someday we will all know each other. Maybe someday we will all be less inclined to want to hurt each other. Wouldn't that be something?

Tommy? Where you at bro?........Yeah, turkey will do that to you. Sometimes you have to sleep in a little . It's good for you.......Yeah okay, I'll catch you later. Hey Tommy, I just wanted to say thanks for everything. You were always a good friend........No I ain't gettin' all stupid, just wanted to say that..........Oh, cool. I'll catch you later.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Squarehead. Thanks for giving us something wonderful to read. 'Til Tuesday is the 80's band. Short lived but good while they lasted. Have a good one.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

Thanks Alexys, you too.

12:00 AM  
Blogger MMM said...

Ah yes...Aimee Mann and 'til tuesday. A great 80's band from here in Boston. I just want to echo Alexy and thank you Squarehead for sharing your life with us this year. Even though I don't comment much here I'm a loyal reader. And thank you too for all your support of my goofy photoblog. ...Now I'm off to make leftover turkey pizza...

4:43 PM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

Hey Trip-M. From Boston, how cool is that. Thanks for reading, thanks for your support and technical blog support. Triple-M, I certainly would not describe your outstanding photo blog as "goofy". You are a very talented artist with a real eye for the real. Turkey pizza? Sounds yummy good.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

Nothing wrong with a drafty house! ; )

Cheers!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

Nothin' at all Coffee.

11:51 AM  
Blogger whatnext said...

I really enjoyed your reference to "A Whiter Shade of Pale" up there! That's from MY decade, (the one that was The un-80s) when the music was memorable, even though the lyrics often made no sense whatsoever.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Squarehead said...

Okay, yeah I always liked that song. I was fortunate enough, as the youngest of four, to have been exposed to all that good stuff when I was a kid.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home