Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Bleeding.

My favorite Stones song is Let It Bleed. I always liked it more for the music than the lyrics. It's got that bluesy old school rock and roll thing going on. I love the guitar licks.

It's still my favorite Stones song. The lyrics mean more to me now. Some of them hurt, but that's okay.

She went back to work Sunday night. Midnight 'til eight on Monday morning. They hired someone new while she was out on medical leave. The new hire is a woman who has a pet rabbit trained to use a litter box. Very cool indeed. My wife seems to be hitting it off with this new lady. That's good, they seem to have a lot in common. My wife says the new girl is not nosey. She doesn't get all intrusive about things. That's very good 'cause we are private people.

I let the younger baby girl stay home from school today. She had an orthodontist appointment at 1300. It snowed here for the first time today. Nothing sticking, still a little too warm for that. Before her appointment we went and bought a fishbowl, two little goldfish and some goldfish flakes. We got blue glass marbles for the fishbowl. If these fish survive and grow some, we'll get a twenty gallon tank with a filter.

Years ago we had a goldfish who lived 'til he was twelve. He was almost a foot long. My wife got him for ten cents when she was seventeen. He was already pretty big when I met him. We put him in a thirty gallon tank, then a fifty-five gallon tank. He died one year when a big storm knocked the power out for three days. I guess no filter and no 02 put too much of a strain on his old system. I always took real good care of that tank. It was spotless. Crystal clear water, no algae, no smell.

So she wants goldfish. She wants to try again. I'm up for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home