Friday, November 09, 2007

Nope.

It didn't work. the printer cartridge refill-it-yourself kit didn't work. Our printer is almost ten years old. We have a new computer that we bought two years ago 'cause the girls really need it for school. These days it's essential. Never did buy a new printer. Need to do that now. They both have papers that have to be turned in this coming week. The older baby girl has a paper due for her religions class at college. The younger baby girl has a book report due on Tuesday up at the middle school. They have completed their papers. We just need to print them out.

I was going to do a little work on the old Jeep this week. It will have to wait 'til next week. School is the priority in this house. The new printer is the priority this week.

The older baby girl was accepted at the art school. She's excited. If all goes well she will be leaving just after the first of the coming new year. She will live on campus. It's very expensive. She's very smart and talented. She will get some help from the school, the rest will be covered by student loans. We are going to help her as much as we can. I love her so much. We are so proud of her. Her high school G.P.A. was 3.8, I can't relate to 3.8..........I think my high school G.P.A. was around a 2 or something.

Her little sister will miss her. They are very close. They will e-mail and talk on the phone I'm sure. The younger baby girl will hang out in her big sister's room, just to give it that "lived in look" that teenagers seem to be so comfortable with.

Yesterday I was crying about the National Debt. Today I feel stupid. No sense crying about what you can't change. No sense crying at all, it doesn't help. Crying just clouds your vision.

Worked some overtime last night. When I got home there was a note on the kitchen counter. She wanted me to put the meatloaf away. It was right out of the oven and too hot to throw in the fridge before she had to leave. She made meatloaf before she went in for her shift. I'm the only one in the house who really loves meatloaf. She makes meatloaf for me. She makes really good meatloaf. It was difficult to put it in the fridge without sampling some. I was strong. I did not partake. Today will be different. I'm going to have some for lunch. I'm going to bring some to work with me tonight. We eat lunch at half past eight on our second shift.

She's not crying today. She's on the phone with a friend right now. She's laughing. It's so damn good to hear her laugh.

She knows that she has to have more surgery. She knows that it will be hard. I will be home with her when it's time to remove the dressings. We won't make that mistake again. Who knew? It's not like somebody told us what to expect. My advice to anyone who faces a similar situation is this. Do not be alone. Make sure you are sitting down. Be prepared, as prepared as anyone can be, to be hit with a sledgehammer.

The doctor says that the double mastectomy may mean she can avoid chemotherapy. She knows that losing her hair would be the worst, for her. It's almost like she'd rather lose her breasts than her hair. If she ever does need chemo, I'm going to shave my head too. I wear it buzzed to less than half an inch now. I will take it right down to the skin if that happens.

Maybe I'll grow my hair out, donate it to Locks Of Love. Probably not a good idea. Anybody want some forty-five year old graying blondish hair that smells like Marlboro smoke, beer and hydraulic oil?



Hey Tommy. I was thinking about you the other day. I was thinking about the time when I wrecked that old Sportster. I was pretty lucky that night. A couple inches either way when I hit that tree and I wouldn't be here, or I'd be pressing these keys with a pencil in my mouth........
Yeah bro, that was a hell of a night........It should be me. It shouldn't be her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home